Complaints Procedures

This page outlines what to do if you think the school has failed to follow the Code of Practice of the Pastoral Care of International Students.

Internal Procedures
Step 1. Address all complaints in the first instance to the International Dean.
Step 2. If you are still not satisfied with the matter you may ask the Principal or Board of Trustees to consider the matter.

Grievance Procedures
In the event of a dispute between an individual student and Kuranui College, procedures are in place to facilitate the resolution of the dispute. A summary of these procedures follows:

1. Code of Conduct, Attendance and Discipline
Students are expected to abide by the terms and conditions of enrolment and the published rules and Code of Kuranui College. Disciplinary procedures will be applied in the event of a breach of these rules. All staff are expected to apply Kuranui College’s policy and rules fairly and without favour, but if a student considers that this has not occurred, the student may refer the matter to a senior staff member. If the student is dissatisfied with the decision, he/she may ultimately refer the matter to the Director of International students for determination. Independent external mediation may also be sought if the matter cannot be resolved within the school.

2. Service and Academic Programmes
In the event of a student complaint concerning the quality of the service or teaching provided by the school, the student will report the matter to a person in a position of authority within the school. The complaint may either be dealt with by the person or referred to the Director of International Students for resolution. The Director of International Students will confer with the parties in dispute, and the decision of the Director of International Students is final. This decision will be conveyed in writing to the parties. If the student remains dissatisfied with the outcome, they may seek independent external mediation.

International Education Appeal Authority
If you believe the school has breached the Code of Practice and you have not been able to settle the matter following the school’s internal procedures, you may bring the matter to the International Education Appeal Authority. The International Education Appeal Authority (EAA) is established to receive and adjudicate on complaints received from International Students or their authorized agents/representatives concerning alleged breaches of the Code. They may be contacted at:

The International Education Appeal Authority
C/- Ministry of Education
P O Box 1666